[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: Atlantic  
Форум » .::KEANE::. » News » "Muziek" интервью Тома и Джесса
"Muziek" интервью Тома и Джесса
Keaneful Дата: Среда, 02.05.2012, 11:58 | Пост # 1
Fine Blue Line
Статус: Отсутствует

The men of Keane are living the ultimate boy dream. On their new album Strangeland they let listeners into the wonderful foggy area between reality and fiction.
We speak two of them about their own dream, alcohol and drugs, marriage and children.

The magic of music - Keane
They look like good student boys, but the men of Keane also have a dark side. They’ve become known as the rockband without guitars, unique in the music industry, and managed to appeal to a crowd of millions with their characteristic sound. They’ve walked on dark roads, in their personal lives as well. After a promising start singer Tom Chaplin slipped away in a deep dark hole of alcohol and drugs. With his blushing apple cheeks and corduroy jackets he seemed to be the last person to ever become victim of the tempting trap called rock-’n-roll, but it happened anyways. It yielded him a one-way ticket to rehab, according to him the most difficult time of his life. But, time heals all wounds and the band is back, with high expectations for the future. Time for a conversation with Tom Chaplin and his friendly bandmate Jesse Quin, bassplayer of the band. They appear ‘fresh’ in the hotel of our capital, where they tell the Dutch journalists enthusiastically about their resurrection. Jesse has good memories of Amsterdam, he confides us.
“I proposed to my wife in Amsterdam. She said yes, so you can imagine that I love Amsterdam.”
They’re at their best in the mornings anyway, Chaplin laughs cheerful. “You’re lucky! Yes, a lot has happened in the past few years. Only good things concerning the band: marriages, children, the important things in life.”

Milestones of life
Those milestones of their personal lives can be heard in their music, of that the men are truly convinced. According to Chaplin: “As a person you go through all emotions. Those are very recognisable for a lot of listeners. I don’t think we’ve ever addressed that emotional palette this clearly before. True, that’s also a part of becoming older and wiser. That’s what the record is about: life as a journey that sometimes seems to go through a kind of dreamworld, and sometimes degenerates into a nightmare. When you’re young, you dream about the future, but it turns out that you can’t predict anything about that. You just have to await what happens around you. And those things can be so alienating that you can’t imagine that it’s real. Like you’re on the border between two worlds. No we’ve been through more things, have gained some more life experience, we have more insight and we’re grateful for that. We used to be super ambitious, we wanted to go straight to the top, always wanting more, more more! Now I’m wondering: who am I and where am I heading? Why am I here and am I actually satisfied with the things I do? Am I happy with myself?”
That hunger for recognition, which he was constantly feeling as a beginning musician, is now satisfied.
“You’re obviously not gonna accomplish anything if you’re not dedicated to music. We’re from a remote town in East Sussex, and there were no other bands. I didn’t even know how to act when all this happened to me! That’s where it went wrong, I’m afraid. And then you’ll have to learn by trial and error.”

A record of millions
Perhaps it was too easy, that early start of the band. Chaplin: “We had just finished our album and people from the industry were immediately convinced that it gonna be a record of millions. While we hadn’t even thought about that.Of course we wanted to break through, but we couldn’t really imagine that it’d really happen. And certainly not that it’d all go that fast! We were completely clueless about the things you should know of as a band, except music. We had no idea where we’d end up. I mean, we were complete nobodies and hadn’t realised how success can change you as a person. And not always in a good way! Yes, I’m guilty of that myself as well.”
They’ve learned the hard way how important the chemistry between band members is. Chaplin was unmanageable for his surroundings during his meltdown, something that still bothers him greatly. They had literally lost eachother.
“How you treat eachother is just as important as the passion and talent that you share. We don’t have a leader in the band who controls everything. We have to get the job done together and we all have to be pleased with what we do. It has to feel right for everybody. I think we didn’t just became better musicians, but better people as well.”

Keane at Pinkpop
Keane performed in front of small audience at Westerliefde in Amsterdam last month and there they did a fantastic acoustic set, which made clear that this band can do something huge with tiny songs. Don’t worry if you couldn’t be there! They’ll be at Pinkpop on May 27th.

перевод krezzy - http://krezzy.tumblr.com/page/4

Strangeland - the best journey in my life

Сообщение отредактировал Keaneful - Среда, 02.05.2012, 12:00

Flowers Дата: Четверг, 03.05.2012, 00:51 | Пост # 2
Кинхед
Статус: Отсутствует
Ох скока букафф... Keaneful, спасибо, почитаем на досуге smile

Ты должен быть сильным, иначе зачем тебе быть

© Цой

Форум » .::KEANE::. » News » "Muziek" интервью Тома и Джесса
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: